Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 1 - City of Angels


Today's mission was simple - get to L.A. and reunite with my love after a long 21 days apart. Morning started off a bit rough given I went to bed at 5:45AM and hurried out the house at 7:30AM. Yes, this is Adayna-typical the night before a long vacation. I wish I could say everything went smoothly. Where should I start? The lovely dry-cleaning lady lost the belt to my dress making her not so lovely anymore. My attempt to do last minute work failed thanks to the clearly not so helpful computer technician at work. And, to top it off, I overpacked so bad my brand new pretty purple luggage was 15lbs overweight. Thankfully, all of the frustration and exhaustion disappeared once I saw him. He stood, with my luggage already in hand, waiting for his girl ;) The butterflies in my stomach and ear-to-ear grin never fail me. Just can't help it - all comes rushing in at first sight of him. We hugged, kissed, and I did my usual - touch his face, his head...makes the moment feel real.

After a bittersweet final 2 weeks in Seattle, I knew this international excursion would be timely. I decided to arrive in El Lay a day early to sightsee, get some sun and catch up with friends. Umm, the latter didn't go too well. Yesterday was quiet. I frequented public transit. His favorite. I swear for our 1-year anniversary I plan to take him on a tour of the nation's most popular transit systems. It's much cheaper than taking a cab :) Took an extended nap. Strolled the beach and found a $4.95 all-you-can-eat Taco happy-hour. He doesn't even like Mexican food, but for $4.95 - heck yeah. After which I returned to the hotel and called it an early night. I awakened excited yet poised - aware that today would officially mark the end of our bi-coastal separation. Upon arriving at the airport, I found a nice place to hide near baggage claim. Something I often do when picking her up. Then she appeared. Then disappeared. Not knowing where she was going I decided to grab her bag and summon her to the exit. Her bag felt twice the size as mine. I told her not to pack so much stuff. It was as though she was one of the dancers on the "This Is It" tour. I am sure she had to pay more money for this bag. Ridiculous. It was a pleasant sight to see her again. And once we exchanged a kiss - we were on our way.

Nice lunch on 3rd Street Promenade, a musical interlude with Michael (This Is It!) and then a trip to Apple where I gifted her with a shiny gold iPod. Yes, he gets mad props for all of it - especially my shiny new GoldenPod! And, we return to the airport. 10ish flight now scheduled for 1AM, yet we didn't even wince. Good company, a cold drink and a good spot by an outlet - all good stuff.

This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment