Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 17 - Last Day in Australia: Quiet Dinner & Witnessing Trezmania

I told Trez I’d join him at 6 a.m. in the living

room to watch the Auburn versus Alabama rivalry game. Trez having grown up 10 minutes outside of Auburn was hungry for the upset. And I, being an SCC fan would never turn down watching an SCC football game. I managed to find the t.v. around 7 a.m. Trez being his loud self gave out several yells signifying Auburn’s early lead. Then, an interesting thing happened. A ticker flashed below the screen that read Tiger Woods was in a serious car accident. I really didn’t know what to say or if I really believed it was serious knowing how media stations rush to be first before gathering all of the information. The Aussies would be interested in the Tiger Woods update as he was just there a couple of days before winning a golf tournament. And allegedly screwing his mistress. At the same time, I was hopeful Tiger would be okay. Much more sad to later learn of what really transpired. You must be referring to those “transgressions”. Oh and about the game, Alabama beat Auburn.


While T and T were catching up on football, I was getting in some much needed sleep. I motivated soon enough and caught up on some more beach. What can I say? I am going back to a wintry Northeast. Who wouldn’t go to the beach everyday if they could before then? Travis had suggested he’d join me at the beach at some point, but some point never came. I wasn’t mad at all. I enjoyed my solo beach day and knew he’d want to spend some final hours with Trez before our trip home. I did get him all to myself for dinner. We hit up Green Thai on Crown St. Yum, yum.

Dinner was great. I enjoyed some alone time in our final hours to recap our trip and partake in some good Thai food. When we returned home Trez and the gang were all dressed and ready to go. They’d been outside, in their backyard, for the past few hours drinking gearing up for a night out in the Gong. The establishment of choice, Harp, was a bar/karaoke/club. It felt college-y sprinkled with more mature party-goers. We went there before and I wasn’t much of a fan. As many as you know, I am very picky about my music and really didn’t expect much from an Aussie DJ. The karaoke room was filled with pop, 80‘s rock and alternative vocalists. Not my cup of tea. I even browsed the list thinking I should show them how it’s done, but the selections were not up to my standard. Still having trouble accepting that drinks are costly, I just didn’t enjoy it my first time, but vowed to stick around for tonight’s festivities. Trez put on a show.


I chose to sip on an already bottled Jack and Coke mix. I’d ne

ver seen anything like that. The music went from hot to cold to tepid and back to cold. One minute the DJ would play Beyonce and the next minute Robin S. He even thought it was cool to re-play songs that no one danced to. I hit the dance floor just once. I may have hit it again if I’d been allowed to take my drink with me. Yes, another rule. More on Australia’s intricacies later. Trez did make it entertaining. We’re waiting for US Weekly to place a hefty bid for that night’s pictures :). I’m glad we hit the town with Trez and his gang. It was kind of like a last fete.


Trez was in rare form that night. And for those of you who remember partying and dancing with Trez it was a flash back. I laughed all night.


Tomorrow we leave to begin our next adventure. Operation Move Travis to NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment